- We provide Sunday School classes for all children, Pre-K through 5th grade, during the first Worship Service. For more information about our Sunday School classes, please call Becky Jester @ 223-0725.
- Each Sunday, during the second service, we provide a Children's Church for children in Kindergarten up through the fourth grade. Kid's Church is a safe, fun environment where the worship and learning is geared for kids. Needless to say, Parents can choose whether their kids go to Kids' Church or sit in the larger worship service (commonly referred to as "big church"). By the time that a child reaches the fifth grade, we're hoping that we've helped them grow to the point that they understand what worship is about, and are ready to learn and grow in the "big church" worship with their parents.
Midweek Groups for Kids
- We've recently adopted a new approach to Wednesday night Kids' ministry that has them broken down into smaller, gender specific groups of kids of similar ages. We've found that the greatest tool in helping kids develop a lasting faith is the presence of caring, godly adults in their lives. It's for this reason that we're developing those kinds of small groups on Wednesday nights where kids can have fun, learn, grow, and build meaningful, lasting relationships with men and women that love them and love Jesus. Each of the groups also has an emphasis on missions education and involvement, and we really like that. We want our kids to know God's word, but we think it's of equal importance that they're learning to put it into practice as they learn it, and that they begin as children to see their role in the world as servant leaders reaching people for Jesus. If you'd like information on any of these ministries, you can call Robin Stillfiried at 283-8306.
- Our 3 year old - Kindergarten kids are a part of a ministry called "Mission Friends". The Mission Friends have lots of hands on activities and learning experiences that help them learn about Jesus and also about different parts of the world and the missionaries that serve in those areas, loving people and telling them of God's love.
- Our 1st - 5th grade boys are a part of a ministry called "Royal Ambassadors" or RA's. Royal Ambassadors also learn from God's word and study about different parts of the world and how they can help carry the message of Christ around the world. They also do fun stuff that boys love like play games and have fun together outdoors. Our RA's are divided into two groups, a younger group of boys in grades 1-3, and then the older boys from grades 4 & 5. RA's can also look forward to doing fun things together outside of their Wednesday night groups like occasional camp outs, fishing trips, and other special events, projects, and father/son experiences.
- Our 1st - 5th grade girls are a part of a ministry called "Girls in Action" or GA's. Girls in Action is similar to Royal Ambassadors, only it's for girls and geared specifically to do the kinds of things that girls enjoy. They study the Bible, learn about different people groups and cultures as well as some of the missionaries that are trying to reach them for Jesus. Girls in Action are all about making a difference, and putting their faith into ACTION!
- Every year, towards the end of the summer, we pull together a special week of fun, worship, and growth for our kids that's just called "Kids' Camp" (we know, it's a very creative name. We worked on that for months). Anyway, most recently, Kids' Camp has taken place at Rotary’s Camp Florida in Brandon. It’s a bit further than Camp Cloverleaf (where we used to have Kids' Camp), but the Rotary camp facility is very nice, and in addition to nice, air conditioned cabins, it has a Junior Olympic sized SWIMMING POOL! Kids’ Camp is open to all kids who have completed first through fifth grade, and every year, we have loads of fun. The cost of camp is around $145, but there are early bird discounts for those who are signed up and paid in full by a certain date early in the summer. All Kids’ Camp payments & registration is done online and will be available by May at the very latest. The tentative dates for Kids' Camp 2013 is August 5th - 8th.